- 1 of 10 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan. Line with parchment or waxed paper; grease paper.
- 2 of 10 Whisk together cake flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- 3 of 10 Beat yolks, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and vanilla in bowl until thick and lemon-colored, about 1 minute.
- 4 of 10 At low speed, beat cake flour mixture into yolk mixture.
- 5 of 10 Beat egg whites in medium-size bowl until foamy. Slowly add remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Spread batter evenly over prepared baking sheet.
- 6 of 10 Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden and firm. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Invert onto rack. Peel off paper.
- 7 of 10 Melt apple jelly mixture in small saucepan. Spread over top of cake.
- 8 of 10 Cut lengthwise into eight 1-1/4-inch strips. Cut each strip crosswise into twelve 1-1/4-inch squares. Spread cut surfaces with remaining preserves. Place on rack over paper.
- 9 of 10 Mix confectioners sugar and 3/4 cup water in bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water as needed for coating consistency. Using forks, dip half the cake pieces in glaze. Decorate with candied flowers as desired.
- 10 of 10 Tint remaining glaze with pink food coloring. Dip remaining cake pieces into glaze. Decorate as desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 96
Per Serving: 1 g Fat, total, 11 mg chol., 0 g pro., 20 mg sodium, 19 g carb., 0 g fiber, 79 kcal cal., 0 g sat. fat