Spice Cake with Praline
- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; coat paper.
- 2 of 4 Into large bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt and cloves.
- 3 of 4 In clean bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add both sugars, molasses and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Scrape down bowl. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, ending with flour. Spoon into pan; smooth top.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 325 degree F oven until toothpick comes out clean, 80 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Remove side of pan. Invert cake; remove bottom, paper. Invert onto rack; cool.
- 1 of 1 In bowl, beat cream and sugar until medium peaks form. Spread over cake. Top with praline. Makes 16 servings.
- 1 of 1 Toast hazelnuts on baking sheet in 325 degrees oven until lightly colored, 7 minutes. Rub in towel to remove skins; coarsely chop. Line large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. In small saucepan (not nonstick), combine sugar, water and salt. Heat over medium-high heat until bubbly; simmer until light golden, 5 minutes. Stir in hazelnuts until coated. Carefully spread onto baking sheet. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Break into small pieces; use 1/2 cup on Spice Cake, reserve extra for snacking. Makes 16 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 50 g carb., 5 g pro., 18 g Fat, total, 181 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 379 kcal cal., 10 g sat. fat, 85 mg chol.