- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into large bowl. With a pastry blender or 2 knives held like scissors, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2 of 5 Stir together buttermilk, egg, blueberries and lemon rind in second bowl.
- 3 of 5 Gently fold buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until evenly moistened. Very lightly and carefully knead dough 7 or 8 times, being careful not to crush the blueberries and adding a little flour as needed to prevent too much sticking.
- 4 of 5 Shape dough into 3/4-inch-thick disk on ungreased baking sheet. With knife, divide into 8 equal wedges, without cutting all the way through.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 425 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Meanwhile, prepare topping:
- 1 of 2 Toss together blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2 of 2 To serve, separate wedges. Slice each wedge in half horizontally. Fill with berry mixture. Garnish with whipped cream. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8