Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
Topping and Garnish:
- 1 of 8 Grease 9-inch springform pan. Combine in a bowl until blended chocolate wafer crumbs and butter, at room temperature. Press onto bottom and part way up sides of prepared pan. Chill 1 hour.
- 2 of 8 Puree in blender or food processor 2 cups hulled strawberries.
- 3 of 8 Combine in medium-size saucepan 1/2 cup of the sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir in strawberry puree. Bring to boiling, stirring, over medium heat; boil 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 4 of 8 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5 of 8 Beat in bowl at medium until smooth the less-fat cream cheese.
- 6 of 8 Gradually beat in until well blended the remaining 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, eggs, fresh lemon juice and vanilla.
- 7 of 8 Pour half of cream cheese batter into crust. Spoon strawberry mixture in dollops on top of batter. With end of wooden spoon, swirl batters to marbleize. Top with remaining cheese batter, spreading evenly. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cake is just set in center. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- 8 of 8 To serve, top cheesecake with 4 cups whole strawberries, hulled. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Servings Per Recipe: