Caribbean Pork and Mango Chili
- 1 of 5 Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Cook in 2 batches, if necessary. Drain and add to slow cooker.
- 3 of 5 Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, cinnamon and allspice.
- 4 of 5 Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours. Stir in beans and mango during last 15 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Garnish with lime and mango, if using. Serve with Coconut Rice, if using.
- 1 of 1 In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups rice, 1 can (13 1/2 oz) coconut milk, 1 1/2 cups water, 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and cover. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Makes 6 cups.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 6 g fiber, 34 g pro., 629 mg sodium, 14 g Fat, total, 350 kcal cal., 3 g sat. fat, 21 g carb., 91 mg chol.