Charred Citrus Chicken
- 1 of 5 Place chicken in a resealable bag. Add juice of 1 orange and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Marinate 20 minutes in the fridge.
- 2 of 5 Heat grill to medium-high for indirect grilling. (For charcoal, stack coals to one side, leaving other side empty. For gas, leave one burner off.)
- 3 of 5 Peel and cut sections from 1 orange and 1 grapefruit; dice. Cut second grapefruit in half and juice one half. Save second half for another use. Toss fruit with 1/4 tsp salt and half the scallions.
- 4 of 5 Place chicken on hot side of grill. Cover and grill 5 minutes. Flip over and grill 5 minutes, then move to cooler side of grill and cook 10 to 15 more minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees .
- 5 of 5 Meanwhile, combine water and wheat berries in a lidded pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and toss with reserved grapefruit juice, the olive oil, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, remaining scallions and the parsley. Top chicken with fruit and serve wheat berries alongside.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 65 g carb., 4 g sat. fat, 20 g Fat, total, 556 kcal cal., 649 mg sodium, 34 g pro., 20 g sugar, 16 g fiber