Ziti and Cheese
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 1 of 2 Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute. Stir in whole tomatoes and their juice, breaking tomatoes apart with your hands or a wooden spoon. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- 2 of 2 Remove pan from heat. Stir in diced tomatoes and basil.
Ziti and cheese
- 1 of 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add ziti; boil 10 minutes, stirring. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add half the sauce to bowl with ziti. Stir to coat. Pour ziti mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce and then sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 2 of 2 Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 45 g carb., 19 g pro., 14 g Fat, total, 3 g fiber, 383 kcal cal., 5 g sat. fat, 29 mg chol., 1009 mg sodium