Chicken & Basmati Rice Casserole
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 In a large, lidded Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- 3 of 5 Add onion to Dutch oven and cook 3 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pot. Stir in garlic, curry and ginger; cook 1 minute. Stir in broth, chick peas, tomatoes, red pepper, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4 of 5 Bring to a simmer and stir in rice. Arrange chicken in rice mixture. Cover and place in oven; bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 5 of 5 Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 3 g sat. fat, 6 g fiber, 793 mg sodium, 485 kcal cal., 32 g pro., 51 g carb., 16 g Fat, total, 86 mg chol.