Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 400 degrees . Crust: Combine flour and salt in a food processor. Drop in pieces of shortening and process in on-and-off bursts till combined. Drizzle with 3 to 4 tbsp ice water; process till crust comes together in a ball. Divide in two, with one portion just slightly larger.
- 2 of 6 With a floured rolling pin, roll larger dough into a 12-inch circle on a floured sheet of wax paper. Invert into a 101/2-inch cast-iron skillet, patching any cracks. Roll remaining dough into an 11-inch circle. Refrigerate while making filling.
- 3 of 6 Filling: Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potato, onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 4 of 6 Blend broth and flour; add to skillet along with thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken; remove from heat.
- 5 of 6 Pour filling into bottom crust. Top with remaining crust. Pinch edge together and tuck down slightly into pan. Cut slits into top crust.
- 6 of 6 Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly. Cool 10 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 0 null Mark as Free Exchange, 36 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat, 512 kcal cal., 28 g Fat, total, 19 g pro., 585 mg sodium, 42 g carb., 3 g fiber