Chicken Thigh Shawarma
- 1 of 5 In a small bowl, combine yogurt, tahini, one-third of the garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp lemon zest; whisk in 2 tbsp water and add 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
- 2 of 5 In a small bowl, combine two-thirds of the garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice, the cumin, paprika, curry, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- 3 of 5 Pat chicken dry with paper towels. In a large stainless skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp oil over medium-high. Add half the chicken to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Transfer to a cutting board, leaving any browned bits in skillet, and rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken.
- 4 of 5 Add 1/2 cup water to pan and stir, scraping bottom. Add spice mixture and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until garlic softens and sauce thickens. Return chicken to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is well coated and heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Stir pine nuts, 3 tbsp parsley, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper into rice. Top rice with chicken and sprinkle with 1 tbsp parsley. Serve with yogurt sauce and mixed green salad.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 22 g Fat, total, 4 g sat. fat, 40 g carb., 4 g fiber, 525 kcal cal., 1 g sugar, 43 g pro., 535 mg sodium