Chicken with Figs and Blue Cheese
- 1 of 5 In a small bowl, combine broth, vinegar, orange zest and 1/4 tsp of the pepper; set aside.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken to slow cooker. Add onion to skillet and season with 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Pour in broth mixture and bring to a boil. Pour contents of skillet into slow cooker; add figs.
- 3 of 5 Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- 4 of 5 Meanwhile, prepare polenta following package directions. Season chicken mixture with remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
- 5 of 5 Serve chicken and figs with polenta; crumble blue cheese over each serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 6 g sat. fat, 43 g carb., 6 g fiber, 33 g pro., 698 mg sodium, 473 kcal cal., 17 g Fat, total, 150 mg chol.