Braised Garlic Chicken
- 1 of 8 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 8 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3 of 8 Heat olive oil in a large, deep ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat briefly, then add chicken. Cook chicken about 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides; remove from pan and set aside.
- 4 of 8 Add mushrooms to pan and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes until golden, stirring frequently. Cut carrots on the diagonal and add along with onions. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5 of 8 Add wine and cook about 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Whisk in broth and bay leaf and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 6 of 8 Return chicken to pan; it should be almost covered by sauce. Bring back to a simmer and cover. Place skillet in oven and cook at 350 degrees F for 23 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- 7 of 8 Remove pan from oven. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Stir lemon juice into the sauce. Blend cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl; heat sauce over high heat and whisk in cornstarch mixture. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 8 of 8 To serve, divide sauce and chicken among plates.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 884 mg sodium, 429 kcal cal., 44 g pro., 30 g carb., 14 g Fat, total, 167 mg chol., 3 g sat. fat, 3 g fiber