Cavatappi And Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 of 5 Pour boiling water over porcini in bowl; soak 10 minutes. Drain through sieve lined with paper toweling. Chop.
- 2 of 5 Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add half the chicken; cook until lightly browned, 3 minutes per side. Remove to bowl; repeat with rest of chicken.
- 3 of 5 Reduce heat to medium-high; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the onion and garlic; saute for 4 minutes or until onion is softened.
- 4 of 5 Add porcini, shiitake and white mushrooms; saute 10 minutes, until softened. Stir in tomatoes with puree, porcini liquid, remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, capers and pepper flakes, breaking up tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. (Can be made a day ahead; refrigerate, tightly covered; gently reheat to serve.)
- 5 of 5 Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions.
- 1 of 2 Mix parsley and garlic in small bowl. (Can be made a day ahead; refrigerate, tightly covered.)
- 2 of 2 Transfer drained pasta to bowl; toss with half the chicken. Top with remaining chicken, then persillade.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 3 g sat. fat, 77 mg chol., 12 g Fat, total, 63 g carb., 34 g pro., 497 kcal cal., 994 mg sodium, 6 g fiber