Cheesy Pasta & Chicken Meatballs
- 1 of 8 Combine the torn bread and milk in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the bread softens. Add the ground chicken, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of the parsley and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; mix well with your hands. With hands kept wet with cold water, shape mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- 2 of 8 Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, add meatballs to skillet; cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a plate.
- 3 of 8 In the drippings in the skillet, cook green pepper and onion over medium-high heat until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the water; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, for about another 6 minutes.
- 4 of 8 Stir in the meatballs, crushed tomatoes and the remaining salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- 5 of 8 Meanwhile, prepare the penne or ziti according to the package directions; drain.
- 6 of 8 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 7 of 8 Toss pasta with sauce and meatballs in skillet. Spoon half of mixture into 3-quart oval casserole. Sprinkle with half the Cheddar cheese. Spoon remaining pasta mixture on top. Top with remaining cheese. Tent with aluminum foil (do not let foil touch cheese).
- 8 of 8 Bake in 375 degrees F oven 35 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 23 g Fat, total, 101 mg chol., 1100 mg sodium, 28 g pro., 57 g carb., 557 kcal cal.