Chicken with Green Beans and Cashews
- 1 of 8 Finely chop 1/4 cup cashews.
- 2 of 8 Cook beans with 1/2 teaspoon salt in large pot of boiling water just until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; run under cold water to stop cooking.
- 3 of 8 Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper toweling. Pour off and reserve drippings.
- 4 of 8 Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme and pepper on waxed paper. Place chopped cashews on another sheet of paper. In pie plate, whisk egg with water.
- 5 of 8 Heat 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in same skillet. Coat breast in flour mixture, dip in egg, then coat top with chopped cashews. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 6 of 8 Saute chicken, nut side down, in hot drippings about 4 minutes or until golden. Turn over; saute until browned, about 2 minutes. Remove to paper toweling.
- 7 of 8 Heat 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in same skillet. Add onion; saute 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms and bacon; cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt over mushrooms; stir until flour is moistened. Gradually pour in broth, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to boiling and thickens.
- 8 of 8 Arrange chicken over top of sauce in skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of breasts registers 170 degrees F. Add beans; cover and heat through. Stir in sour cream; do not let boil. Top with remaining cashews. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 31 g carb., 575 kcal cal., 40 g pro., 1635 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 11 g sat. fat, 34 g Fat, total, 147 mg chol.