Chicken With Szechuan Pepper-corn Sauce
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Combine pepper and salt in bowl.
- 3 of 5 Remove neck and giblets from chicken; refrigerate for another use. Rinse chicken well; pat dry with paper toweling. Rub pepper mixture all over chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in large roasting pan. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to pan.
- 4 of 5 Roast in 375 degrees F oven for 1 hour or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh meat without touching bone registers 180 degrees F. Add more chicken broth to pan as needed if pan gets too dry.
- 5 of 5 Remove chicken to platter; let stand 15 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings; reserve drippings.
- 1 of 2 Heat oil in small skillet. Add green onion, ginger and garlic; cook over medium heat until green onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Carefully stir in vodka if using, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved drippings; keep warm.
- 2 of 2 Carve chicken into serving pieces. Serve with sauce.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 22 g Fat, total, 24 g pro., 3 g carb., 303 kcal cal., 93 mg chol., 1100 mg sodium, 6 g sat. fat