Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
Chipotle Marinade and Sauce:
- 1 of 1 Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag or glass dish.
- 1 of 2 In a food processor, blend chili sauce, chipotle chiles plus adobo sauce and lime juice. Add to chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to several hours.
- 2 of 2 Remove chicken to a plate; scrape off and reserve marinade. Sauce: Transfer marinade to saucepan. Add molasses, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 4 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- 1 of 4 Heat gas grill to medium-high heat, or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Cut onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Slide a skewer through each slice sideways to keep rings together. Brush both sides of onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill about 8 minutes per side, until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a bowl; remove skewers. Separate into rings; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- 2 of 4 Grill chicken 5 to 8 minutes per side, until instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 180 degrees F. Remove to cutting board; thinly slice, and place in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce.
- 3 of 4 Top one tortilla with 2 tablespoons cheese, a generous 1/4 cup chicken, a few pieces of onion, 2 tablespoons cheese and a second tortilla. Brush both sides lightly with remaining oil. Grill 1 minute per side.
- 4 of 4 Serve with sour cream and extra sauce on the side.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 1093 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 516 kcal cal., 30 g pro., 22 g Fat, total, 49 g carb., 9 g sat. fat, 113 mg chol.