Creamy Chicken Tarragon
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat shallow 2-1/2-quart oval casserole with cooking spray. Cook linguini following package directions (if making ahead-see Tip below-cook pasta just until barely tender). Drain linguini; rinse with cold water; drain. Return to pot.
- 2 of 6 In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high. Add chicken; saute 3 minutes, just until cooked through. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to a bowl.
- 3 of 6 In same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Gradually stir in 2 cups half-and-half. Boil, stirring, until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 of 6 In small bowl, combine yolks, remaining half-and-half and sherry. Stir into skillet along with 1/2 cup cheese and tarragon. Remove 1 cup sauce and add to linguini. Spoon linguini into prepared casserole, arranging around edge (or, if making ahead, spread over bottom of casserole).
- 5 of 6 Into remaining sauce in skillet, stir chicken, artichokes and peas. Spoon into center of casserole inside linguini (or over linguini if making ahead). Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; cover with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with cooking spray.
- 6 of 6 Bake in 375 degrees F oven 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 698 mg sodium, 31 g pro., 421 kcal cal., 14 g Fat, total, 41 g carb., 7 g sat. fat, 128 mg chol., 4 g fiber