Crispy Fried Chicken
- 1 of 2 In large glass bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pepper sauce, Dijon mustard, egg and 1 teaspoon oregano. Add chicken cutlets and submerge in marinade. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- 2 of 2 In shallow dish, toss together the bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano, the salt and pepper. Set the mixture aside.
- 1 of 4 In small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard and vinegar until smooth. Set aside until serving.
- 2 of 4 In deep pot, heat oil over medium heat until it registers 350 degrees F on deep-fat frying thermometer. Remove chicken from refrigerator. One at a time, remove cutlets from marinade, letting excess marinade drip back into dish. Coat chicken with bread crumb mixture. Discard marinade.
- 3 of 4 Add 3 chicken cutlets at a time to hot oil. Fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cutlets to a paper towel-lined platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- 4 of 4 Let the oil return to 350 degrees F before continuing with the frying. Repeat as above with remaining chicken and bread crumbs. Serve cutlets warm with the Honey-Mustard Sauce and Scallion Buttermilk Biscuits (recipe on www.familycircle.com).
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 267 kcal cal., 22 g carb., 22 g pro., 57 mg chol., 9 g Fat, total, 1 g sat. fat, 1 g fiber, 355 mg sodium