Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 of 6 In a small bowl, blend goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of the chopped tomatoes. Place chicken breasts on a cutting board. Make a slit about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep in the thickest part, forming a pocket. Fill each breast with about 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture. Place chicken in a container and freeze.
- 2 of 6 In a small freezer-safe container, combine milk, garlic salt, cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes. Freeze.
- 3 of 6 Thaw chicken and sauce in refrigerator overnight.
- 4 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees . In a large oven-proof stainless skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skinned-side down, in skillet and cook for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and transfer skillet to oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 5 of 6 Whisk the sauce into the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, until thickened, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in chives.
- 6 of 6 Serve chicken with the sauce and angel hair pasta. Accompany with green beans, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 366 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 5 g sat. fat, 50 mg chol., 12 g Fat, total, 497 kcal cal., 50 g carb., 46 g pro.