Mahogany Chicken With Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 of 1 Use kitchen shears to cut along one side of the backbone, working from tail to the neck. Repeat on other side; remove back bone. Open chicken out flat, skin side down. Use sharp knife to cut through center of breast bone to separate chicken in half. Place chickens in 2 large plastic food-storage bags.
- 1 of 5 Combine tamari sauce, olive oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic, tarragon and pepper in bowl. Pour evenly over chickens in bags. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2 of 5 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3 of 5 Remove chickens from marinade; pat dry with paper toweling. Place chicken in large roasting pan.
- 4 of 5 Bake in 400 degree F oven until no longer pink near bone, 40 minutes (180 degrees F on instant-read thermometer).
- 5 of 5 Prepare 2 boxes rice according to package directions; do not use seasoning packets. Keep warm.
Prepare Sesame Vinaigrette:
- 1 of 2 Whisk together vinegar, tamari sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, ginger and sugar in bowl.
- 2 of 2 To serve, spoon rice mixture onto large platter. Arrange chickens on rice. Drizzle with Sesame Vinaigrette. Garnish with sesame seeds and tarragon.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 35 g Fat, total, 153 mg chol., 54 g pro., 34 g carb., 671 kcal cal., 1025 mg sodium, 8 g sat. fat