Meat & Potatoes Casserole
- 1 of 5 In a medium-size saucepan, bring carrots, onion and 4 cups water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the vegetable water. Set aside water and vegetables.
- 2 of 5 Stir beaten egg into prepared mashed potatoes. Set aside.
- 3 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 x 9 x 2-inch casserole. In large skillet over medium heat, saute lamb and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire, thyme, hot-pepper sauce and salt.
- 4 of 5 Add flour to meat mixture and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the 2 cups reserved vegetable water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in carrot mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the potatoes are browned.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 21 g pro., 42 g carb., 437 kcal cal., 6 g sat. fat, 20 g Fat, total, 90 mg chol., 863 mg sodium, 6 g fiber