Senegalese Chicken 1960's
- 1 of 8 Place chicken, broth, onion, celery leaves, curry, salt and pepper in Dutch oven. Cover; simmer, turning chicken more than halfway through cooking, 45 minutes, until tender and instant-read meat thermometer inserted in thigh without touching bone reads 180 degrees F.
- 2 of 8 Remove chicken to platter. Strain broth into 2-cup measure; discard solids; skim fat from liquid. Add milk to broth if necessary, so broth measures a total of 2 cups.
- 3 of 8 Remove skin and discard. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces. Place in large bowl.
- 4 of 8 Cook noodles according to package directions. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- 5 of 8 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 10-cup baking dish that measures about 11-3/4 x 7-1/2 x 1-3/4 inches.
- 6 of 8 Beat eggs slightly in medium-size bowl. Stir in reserved 2 cups chicken broth and the heavy cream.
- 7 of 8 Add almonds and noodles to chicken mixture. Pour egg mixture over chicken; toss to mix. Pour into prepared dish, spreading evenly.
- 8 of 8 Bake in 325 degree F oven 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees F. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 11 g sat. fat, 4 g fiber, 231 mg chol., 30 g carb., 29 g Fat, total, 1020 mg sodium, 500 kcal cal., 31 g pro.