- 1 of 2 Combine lemon rind, garlic, salt and pepper in medium-size bowl; mash together with back of spoon. Stir in brown sugar, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- 2 of 2 Rub mixture into chickens. Place in single layer in 2 glass baking dishes. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Prepare Basting Sauce:
- 1 of 4 Combine sugar, lemon juice, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and beer in small saucepan. Simmer 4 minutes.
- 2 of 4 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange chicken pieces in single layer in 2 baking pans. Cover.
- 3 of 4 Bake in 375 degree F oven 45 minutes or until no longer pink near bone.
- 4 of 4 Heat broiler or grill. Brush chicken with basting sauce. Broil or grill 6 inches from heat, turning occasionally and brushing with basting sauce, for 6 to 8 minutes. Makes 10 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 589 mg sodium, 5 g sat. fat, 114 mg chol., 36 g pro., 343 kcal cal., 18 g Fat, total, 7 g carb.