Summer's Bounty Pasta
- 1 of 5 Cook cavatappi in large, deep pot of lightly-salted boiling water until al dente, firm yet tender. Drain.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, in blender, blend half-and-half, half the corn kernels (about 1-1/3 cups), 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper until fairly smooth but still with some texture, 30 seconds.
- 3 of 5 In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes (do not let garlic brown). Increase heat to high. Add sausage and remaining corn kernels; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cherry tomatoes and mixture from blender to skillet. Bring to simmering; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and tomatoes have collapsed slightly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5 of 5 In large bowl, combine cavatappi, tomato-corn sauce and parsley. Serve with Parmesan, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 17 g pro., 396 kcal cal., 538 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 4 g sat. fat, 68 mg chol., 12 g Fat, total, 55 g carb.