Sweet and Hot Skewered Chicken Thighs
- 1 of 2 In a medium-size saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring so that garlic does not burn.
- 2 of 2 In a medium-size bowl, whisk together honey, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili paste. Add to onions in saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes; you should have about 3-1/4 cups. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 of 7 Place chicken in a microwave-safe glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, venting in one corner. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and rotate dish. Microwave for an additional 5 minutes. Let chicken cool slightly, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2 of 7 Wipe out baking dish. Place peppers and onions in dish, cover with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave 3 minutes.
- 3 of 7 On 6 metal skewers, evenly divide chicken pieces, peppers and onions.
- 4 of 7 Prepare rice noodles following package directions. Drain and toss with 3/4 cup of the sauce.
- 5 of 7 Meanwhile, heat gas grill to medium or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
- 6 of 7 Liberally brush skewers with some of the remaining sauce. Grill about 4 minutes per side, brushing with additional sauce as needed.
- 7 of 7 To serve, place noodles on a large serving platter. Arrange the skewers over the noodles. Boil remaining sauce for 3 minutes and serve on the side. Makes 6 servings.
- 1 of 1 Heat broiler. Coat broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Place the skewers on the rack. Broil 4 inches from the heat following directions in step 8.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 4 g fiber, 679 kcal cal., 26 g pro., 117 g carb., 14 g Fat, total, 988 mg sodium, 79 mg chol., 3 g sat. fat