Szechuan Roasted Chicken with Stuffing
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 1 of 2 In small bowl, mix together Szechuan Seasoning Blend and salt. With fingers, gently loosen skin on legs and breasts of chicken, taking care not to tear skin. Rub seasoning mixture on meat under skin, over inside of cavity and over skin. Place orange slices under skin, and any remaining slices in cavity of chicken. Place chicken on a roasting rack in large flame-proof roasting pan.
- 2 of 2 Roast in 450 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast another 90 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh without touching bone registers 170 degrees F. Remove from oven. Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand in warm place 10 minutes (temperature will increase to 180 degrees F).
- 1 of 1 When chicken is nearly done, in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add sweet red pepper; saute 2 minutes. Stir in broth and Szechuan Seasoning Blend. Bring to simmering. Remove from heat; stir in bread cubes, water chestnuts, soy sauce and orange rind. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- 1 of 2 Meanwhile, pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from roasting pan. Stir in flour. Place roasting pan over medium heat; cook 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in chicken broth, orange juice and salt; whisk until smooth. Simmer until thickened, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes. Strain gravy; keep warm.
- 2 of 2 Just before serving, fluff stuffing with a fork. Garnish stuffing with scallions; serve with chicken and gravy. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 4 g fiber, 11 g sat. fat, 51 g pro., 621 kcal cal., 1427 mg sodium, 36 g Fat, total, 23 g carb., 198 mg chol.