Basic Chocolate Cake
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease pans; line bottoms with waxed paper; grease paper; dust pans with flour.
- 2 of 5 On low speed, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl until mixed.
- 3 of 5 Add eggs, buttermilk, water, butter and vanilla; beat 30 seconds on low, until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium; beat 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- 4 of 5 Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes for 9-inch rounds and hearts, or 40 to 45 minutes for 9-inch squares, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5 of 5 Cool pans on rack 10 minutes. Remove cakes to rack to cool.
Servings Per Recipe: