Chocolate Heart Cake
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 8-inch heart-shaped (6 cups) or 9 x 2-inch-round baking pan.
- 2 of 7 Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into bowl. Beat butter and sugar in bowl, 1 minute. Beat in melted unsweetened chocolate. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy, 1 minute. Beat in vanilla.
- 3 of 7 On low speed, beat flour mixture and half-and-half alternately into chocolate mixture just until blended. Scrape into prepared pan.
- 4 of 7 Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until wooden pick tests clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan to rack; cool.
- 5 of 7 Place cake, bottom side up, on rack; brush off excess crumbs. Spoon Chocolate Glaze on top; spread to cover top and sides. Refrigerate until hardened, about 30 minutes.
- 6 of 7 Melt milk chocolate and oil in dish in microwave oven at 100% power, 1 minute; stir until smooth.
- 7 of 7 Dip half the strawberries in melted white and milk chocolates; dip some in toppings; place on waxed paper. Spoon remaining melted chocolates in 2 small plastic bags; snip off corner. Pipe chocolates over berries. Chill to harden, 30 minutes. Place on cake just before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 14
Per Serving: 46 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat, 8 g pro., 302 kcal cal., 13 g Fat, total, 46 g carb., 135 mg sodium