Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; coat paper with spray. Melt chocolate in small bowl in microwave on 100% power 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- 2 of 5 In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and melted chocolate. In medium-size bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3 of 5 Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, ending with flour. Evenly spread in prepared pan.
- 4 of 5 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 minutes or until top springs back when pressed. Let cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Invert onto rack; remove pan and paper. Let cool completely.
- 5 of 5 Slice cake crosswise into thirds, each piece 10 x 5 x 1 inches. Prepare mousse following package directions, adding cinnamon. Stack cake layers, with 3/4 cup mousse between layers and 1-1/4 cups on top. Chill 1 hour. Garnish with curls.
Servings Per Recipe: 12