Classic Double Chocolate Cake
- 1 of 3 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Melt chocolate in cream in saucepan over medium heat; let cool.
- 2 of 3 Beat butter, sugar in large bowl until smooth, 3 minutes. Gradually add egg whites, cooled chocolate. On low speed, beat in flour mix. Divide among pans, 2 cups per pan.
- 3 of 3 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 to 30 minutes, until pick inserted in centers tests clean. Cool in pans on rack 5 minutes; remove from pans; cool. Slice each layer in half horizontally.
- 1 of 2 Beat butter, sugar, cocoa and milk in bowl. Beat in chocolate and vanilla.
- 2 of 2 Place 1 cake layer on stand. Spread with scant 1/3 cup frosting. Continue stacking layers. Frost side, top of cake.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 4 g fiber, 251 mg sodium, 9 g pro., 719 kcal cal., 40 g Fat, total, 88 g carb., 24 g sat. fat, 87 mg chol.