Prep 11 - 12 m
Bake 20 m
Cupcakes and Frosting:
- 1 of 4 Prepare cake mix as package directs in assorted cupcake sizes. Let cool.
- 2 of 4 Microwave semisweet chocolate in a glass bowl for 1 minute on high power. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 3 of 4 Stir chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a writing tip. Pipe bat and owl wings, cat and owl ears and Frankenstein hair onto waxed paper. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set.
- 4 of 4 Divide one can white frosting into 2 bowls. Tint one bowl light blue, one bowl orange. Remove half of the second can to a small bowl and tint pink.
- 1 of 9 Pumpkin: Frost cupcake orange. Pipe lines onto frosting to form ridges. Slice a spice drop for stem. Pipe on face with chocolate frosting, if desired.
- 2 of 9 Bat: Spread cupcake with blue frosting. Roll edge in sugar. Use candy-coated chocolates for the body. Remove 2 wings from waxed paper; tuck under body.
- 3 of 9 Spider: Spread a mini cupcake with chocolate or orange frosting. Coat with sprinkles. Tuck in 8 licorice whip pieces for legs. Place a candy-coated chocolate on top; pipe on eyes.
- 4 of 9 Spiderweb: Frost cupcake any color. Pipe contrasting spiral on top. Draw a knife through spiral, starting at center. Place regular and mini candy-coated chocolates on web. Pipe on eyes and legs.
- 5 of 9 Vampire: Spread cupcake with white frosting. Use chocolate frosting for hair. Slice a spice drop for eyes. Use a nonpareil for nose. Create eyeballs with frosting and mini chocolate chips. Pipe on a mouth and blue fangs.
- 6 of 9 Frankenstein: Spread cupcake with blue frosting. Attach chocolate hair, jelly bean nose and bolts. Create eyes with candy-coated chocolates, eyeballs with white frosting and mini chocolate chips. Pipe scars and mouth.
- 7 of 9 Cat: Spread cupcake with white or chocolate frosting (or both). Affix candy-coated chocolates as eyes; add chocolate ears or make white ears from a mini marshmallow halved diagonally. Pipe on nose, whiskers, mouth, inner ears and pupils.
- 8 of 9 Owl: Spread cupcake with white frosting. Affix wings and ears; use sprinkles for feathers. Create eyes with candy-coated chocolates, eyeballs with white frosting and mini chocolate chips. Make beak and feet with candy-coated sunflower seeds.
- 9 of 9 Makes 24 cupcakes.
Nutrition Information for Spooky Cupcakes
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Servings Per Recipe: 24