- 1 of 2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2 of 2 Place strawberries and raspberries in medium-size bowl. Gently stir in 1/4 cup sugar; toss to coat. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare chocolate shortcake:
- 1 of 4 Combine flour, cocoa powder, remaining sugar, the baking powder and salt in large bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Slowly add milk and vanilla, tossing with fork, until mixture just comes together.
- 2 of 4 Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly about 10 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut out with 4-inch-round fluted cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Re-roll the scraps and cut out more shortcakes, for a total of four.
- 3 of 4 Bake in 425 degree F oven 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove shortcakes to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4 of 4 Cut each shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on plates. Spoon some juice from strawberry mixture over bottoms. Spoon strawberry mixture on each bottom half, reserving a few berries for garnish. Spoon about 1/2 cup whipped cream over each. Cover with top half. Garnish with fruit and mint. Drizzle with fudge sauce if desired. Cut in half for two servings. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 66 mg chol., 58 g carb., 21 g Fat, total, 433 kcal cal., 6 g pro., 298 mg sodium