- 1 of 6 Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
- 2 of 6 Pour cognac into 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on high for 1 minute until hot. Stir in apricots. Cover; let sit for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, to absorb liquid.
- 3 of 6 Bring cream just to boiling in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and butter, stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Scrape into prepared pan and refrigerate, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until just firm.
- 4 of 6 Line an airtight container with waxed paper. Sift cocoa powder into a small shallow bowl; sift confectioners sugar into a second small shallow bowl. Place coconut in a third small shallow bowl.
- 5 of 6 Holding edges of aluminum foil, lift candy out of pan. Cut chocolate into 24 pieces. Make an indentation in the center of each piece using the handle of a wooden spoon. Press an apricot quarter into each indentation.
- 6 of 6 With hands, quickly shape chocolate into a ball around fruit; mixture will be messy. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Remove and roll again into a smooth ball. Coat a third of the truffles in cocoa powder, a third in confectioners' sugar and a third in coconut. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm. Can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 3 months.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Per Serving: 8 g carb., 6 g Fat, total, 10 mg chol., 4 g sat. fat, 1 g fiber, 5 mg sodium, 93 kcal cal., 1 g pro.