Chocolate-Covered Date "Acorns"
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Toast almonds on large baking sheet in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly golden. Let cool slightly. Line second large sheet with waxed paper.
- 2 of 5 Stuff each date with an almond, snipping one end of the date if the opening is too small. Finely chop or grind remaining almonds.
- 3 of 5 Melt semisweet chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil in microwave-safe bowl in microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring until smooth. Dip half the dates into semisweet chocolate, coating evenly. Use a fork to remove, allowing excess to drip into bowl. Place on waxed paper-lined sheet.
- 4 of 5 Melt milk chocolate and remaining oil as above. Dip remaining dates. Chill all dates 30 minutes or until firm.
- 5 of 5 Remove dates from refrigerator. Remelt chocolates, if necessary. Dip end in different chocolate, then in ground almonds. Set on waxed paper. Chill until firm.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 2 g sat. fat, 1 mg chol., 5 g Fat, total, 10 g carb., 1 g pro., 79 kcal cal., 5 mg sodium, 1 g fiber