Chocolate-Mousse-Filled Gift Boxes
- 1 of 4 To preapre milk cartons, cut around sides of milk cartons, 2 inches up from bottoms. Carefully cut down along the four corner seams, just to the bottom, of all 8 cartons. Align edges and securely fasten sides of cartons together with masking tape.
- 2 of 4 Place 1/2 pound chocolate in medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir; microwave 30 seconds. Stir to melt. Let stand 30 seconds; temperature should read about 117 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
- 3 of 4 Working fast, pour one-quarter of chocolate into each of 4 boxes. Swirl to coat; use pastry brush to coat inside of boxes. Place, upside down, on baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 4 of 4 Repeat with remaining chocolate and boxes. Refrigerate.
- 1 of 1 Remove masking tape from a box. Gently peel away carton from chocolate. When all 4 sides have been removed, gently pop bottom of box out of carton. Place box, upside down, on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining boxes.
- 1 of 3 Bring 1/2 cup cream in small saucepan to boiling. Place chopped white chocolate in large bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate; stir until smooth. Let cool until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 2 of 3 Beat remaining cream in bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate mixture.
- 3 of 3 Place a finished box, open-side up, on the lined baking sheet. Fill slightly less than half with mousse. Cover mousse with 2 sliced strawberries. Top berries with more mousse until box is filled. Invert dessert plate on top of box; carefully turn both over. Refrigerate filled box until ready to decorate. Repeat with remaining Chocolate Boxes, mousse and strawberries.
- 1 of 1 For ribbon, fit small basket-weave tip onto tube of desired color of decorating icing. Pipe ribbon onto boxes.
- 1 of 1 Fit small plain rose flower tip onto tube of desired color of decorating icing. Pipe bows onto baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper. Freeze until ready to place on boxes.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 55 mg sodium, 648 kcal cal., 8 g pro., 47 g carb., 55 g Fat, total, 88 mg chol., 32 g sat. fat, 3 g fiber