- 1 of 1 Bring cranberries, water, sugar, lemon rind and juice in medium-size saucepan to a boil; cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture is thick. Break apart cranberries with wooden spoon if necessary. Strain mixture through sieve into small bowl. Place piece of plastic wrap directly on surface. Cool to room temperature.
- 1 of 4 Sprinkle gelatin over the water in small measuring cup. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve gelatin. If necessary, microwave on high 5 to 10 seconds to dissolve completely.
- 2 of 4 Beat heavy cream in large bowl on medium-high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until soft mounds form. Add cooled gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- 3 of 4 Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 4 of 4 Stir about 1 cup whipped cream into cooled melted chocolate. Gently fold lightened chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Gently fold in cranberry coulis. Cover mousse with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 Gently unfold pastry on lightly floured work surface. Cut along folds into 3 strips. Cut each strip into 4 equal rectangles. Place rectangles on prepared sheet, 2 inches apart.
- 3 of 5 Bake in 425 degrees F oven for about 12 minutes, until golden brown and puffed. Remove to rack; let cool.
- 4 of 5 Split each rectangle horizontally into top and bottom layer, for 24 pieces. Set aside 8 tops.
- 5 of 5 Spoon mousse into large pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe filling decoratively over 8 bottoms. Place another piece of pastry on top of cream. Pipe on another layer of mousse. Place reserved tops on cream. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Garnish with sugared cranberries, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 42 g Fat, total, 55 g carb., 86 mg chol., 124 mg sodium, 6 g pro., 604 kcal cal., 20 g sat. fat, 2 g fiber