Dark Chocolate Butter Toffee
- 1 of 7 Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with nonstick spray. In medium-size saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water and corn syrup. Heat over medium heat to melt butter and combine ingredients. Increase heat to medium high and insert candy thermometer.
- 2 of 7 Cook mixture until golden brown in color and registers 300 degrees F on candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Do not stir. Remove from heat and remove thermometer. Carefully stir in the chopped pecans.
- 3 of 7 Quickly pour toffee onto prepared pan and spread to edges. Let stand in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes to harden.
- 4 of 7 Melt half of the bittersweet chocolate in microwave on HIGH power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Spread over top of cooled toffee bar and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- 5 of 7 Once firm, flip entire bar over onto a sheet of waxed paper; remove foil. Melt remaining bittersweet chocolate in microwave on HIGH power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Spread over top of toffee bar and sprinkle with pecans.
- 6 of 7 Melt white chocolate in microwave on MEDIUM HIGH power (70%) for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a small heavy duty plastic bag; snip off a small corner. Drizzle over half the bar, and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 7 of 7 Once chocolate is firm, break bar into bite-size pieces. Store airtight at room temperature, up to 1 month.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 8 mg sodium, 35 g carb., 26 g Fat, total, 33 mg chol., 13 g sat. fat, 377 kcal cal., 3 g pro.