Classic Pizza Margherita
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 500 degrees .
- 2 of 6 Place tomato slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. After about 10 minutes, blot dry with additional paper towels.
- 3 of 6 Coat a 14-inch perforated pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle. Place on prepared pan.
- 4 of 6 Spread dough with sauce; fan on tomato and mozzarella slices. Scatter oregano and Parmesan over top. Drizzle with oil.
- 5 of 6 Bake at 500 degrees for 13 to 14 minutes or until nicely browned.
- 6 of 6 Gently slide pizza onto a cutting board. Cool slightly and scatter basil over pizza before slicing.
- 1 of 1 In a measuring cup, combine 1 cup warm (110 degrees ) water with 1 pkg (.25 oz) active dry yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Let stand 5 minutes, until foamy. In the bowl of a food processor, add 3 cups all-purpose flour and 1 tsp salt. With motor running, add yeast mixture and 2 tbsp olive oil. Process 1 to 2 minutes, until a ball forms. Place in a bowl coated with olive oil and turn to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 2 hours. Punch down and proceed with recipe.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 48 g carb., 3 g fiber, 31 mg chol., 6 g sat. fat, 384 kcal cal., 17 g Fat, total, 1034 mg sodium, 17 g pro.