Bill Clinton's Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Spread oats and walnuts in ungreased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasted and light brown; cool.
- 3 of 5 In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat together brown sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in oat mixture and then flour mixture.
- 4 of 5 Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans for 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Servings Per Recipe: