Chocolate Mint Snaps
- 1 of 3 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 2 of 3 Mix flour, soda and salt in bowl.
- 3 of 3 Beat the shortening and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, then eggs, corn syrup, water, peppermint extract and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- 1 of 3 Mix sugar and candies in a bowl.
- 2 of 3 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip a side in topping; place, candy side up, on ungreased baking sheet.
- 3 of 3 Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
Servings Per Recipe: 96