Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1 of 3 Using freestanding electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar; beat until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour and salt. Beat in milk and chopped chocolate until blended.
- 2 of 3 Spread the chopped peanuts on a plate. Roll dough into 1-1/2-inch balls; dip top of each ball in chopped peanuts. Place balls, about 1-1/2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Push your thumb into the middle of each ball to make depression.
- 3 of 3 Bake in 375 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool.
- 1 of 2 Place chocolate chips in top of double boiler or bowl. Place over hot water (dont let bottom of bowl touch water); melt chocolate. Stir in the peanut butter, corn syrup, water and vanilla. Remove the bowl from over the hot water; let the chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- 2 of 2 Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the filling into the center depression of each cookie. Store the cookies in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Servings Per Recipe: 30