Classic Black-and-White Cookies
- 1 of 3 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 of 3 Place butter and granulated sugar in a mixer fitted with a paddle and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions. Add milk and vanilla and beat well. Place flours and baking powder in a bowl and mix well. With mixer running, gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture; beat until completely mixed.
- 3 of 3 Form the dough into tablespoon-size balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Transfer to the oven and bake until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and repeat with the remaining dough.
- 1 of 2 Place the confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl and add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is spreadable but still thick. Transfer half the icing to another mixing bowl and stir in the melted chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- 2 of 2 Spread half of one side of the cookies with white icing and the other half with the chocolate icing. Set aside until the icing hardens completely.
Servings Per Recipe: