- 1 of 2 In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg.
- 2 of 2 In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium 3 minutes. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. On low, gradually beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Wrap each in plastic. Flatten; chill 2 hours.
- 1 of 5 Over medium heat, bring cranberries, jelly and water to a simmer; cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed. Pulse in food processor until finely chopped.
- 2 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3 of 5 On floured surface, roll one disk 1/8 inch thick. Cut out with 2-1/4-inch round cutter; save scraps. Place half of rounds 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet(s). Place scant teaspoon filling in center of each.
- 4 of 5 With 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out center from remaining rounds. Place over filled halves. Press edges to seal with fork. Place sheet with cookies in refrigerator. Reroll scraps (chill if too soft) for total of 15 filled cookies. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- 5 of 5 Bake one sheet a time (chill remaining sheets) in 350-degree oven 12 to 13 minutes, until slightly puffed. Cool on racks 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cookies to rack; cool. Dust with sugar.
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Per Serving: 0 null Mark as Free Exchange, 3 g sat. fat, 17 mg chol., 62 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 25 g carb., 4 g Fat, total, 144 kcal cal., 2 g pro.