Homemade Holiday Cookie Mix
- 1 of 2 Have ready a clean 1-quart reusable plastic or glass canister.
- 2 of 2 In a medium-size bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Spoon 1 cup of the flour mixture into a second bowl and add cocoa powder and cinnamon. Whisk to mix thoroughly.
Begin packing jar for gift:
- 1 of 3 Spoon about half the flour mixture into bottom of jar. Use a small spice jar to lightly compress. Spoon in half the cocoa mixture; compress. Spoon in remaining flour mixture and cocoa mixture, compressing each layer.
- 2 of 3 Top second cocoa layer with granulated sugar and brownulated sugar, compressing each slightly. Pour chips over sugar and seal jar.
- 3 of 3 Write baking instructions on a tag (or print out); secure to jar with ribbon.
- 1 of 1 In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) melted and cooled unsalted butter with 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in contents of jar. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 13 to 14 minutes. Cool on sheets for 1 minute; transfer to rack.
- 1 of 1 Brownulated sugar can be found in your grocery stores baking section.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 2 g pro., 130 kcal cal., 53 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 3 g sat. fat, 28 mg chol., 6 g Fat, total, 19 g carb.