- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Stir together flour and cornstarch in small bowl.
- 2 of 7 With mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add confectioners sugar, granulated sugar and salt; beat until very light colored and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3 of 7 On low speed, slowly sift flour mixture over butter mixture, beating until dough forms. Dough will be stiff and may separate, looking like coarse meal.
- 4 of 7 Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Add 1 cup mini-chips; knead by hand until chips are evenly distributed.
- 5 of 7 Divide dough in half. Add extra flour to board. Press each half into 8-inch circle. Carefully transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Using sharp knife, divide each circle into 8 wedges, slicing completely through dough. Prick dough with tines of fork. Flute edges if desired.
- 6 of 7 Bake in 325 degrees F oven 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Immediately separate into wedges. Remove wedges to wire rack to cool.
- 7 of 7 Melt remaining chips in saucepan. Pour into plastic bag; snip corner; drizzle over shortbread. Makes 16 shortbreads.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 35 mg sodium, 6 g sat. fat, 20 mg chol., 10 g Fat, total, 20 g carb., 1 g pro., 172 kcal cal., 2 g fiber