Mint Ice-Cream Chocolate Sandwiches
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 6 Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into medium-size bowl.
- 3 of 6 In large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add both kinds of sugar; beat until mixture is creamed, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla until well blended.
- 4 of 6 On low speed, beat in flour mixture until smooth. Stir in chocolate pieces.
- 5 of 6 For each cookie, drop level 1/4 cup of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- 6 of 6 Bake in 350 degrees F oven until slightly puffed and dry on tops, 13 or 14 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets on wire racks for 1 minute. Move cookies to rack; cool completely.
- 1 of 1 Select 12 cookies to be sandwich tops. In small bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar and water. Drizzle over tops. Let dry 15 minutes.
- 1 of 2 Slice the paper container off of ice cream; slice ice cream into eight 1/2-inch-thick slices. Working quickly, place one slice onto a sheet of waxed paper. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out 1 circle of ice cream. Transfer circle to a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Gather up ice-cream scraps and press into cookie cutter to form a second 3-inch circle. Transfer this circle to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ice-cream slices, transferring baking sheet to freezer when 12 circles are formed (save excess ice cream for snacking). Freeze circles 1 hour.
- 2 of 2 Sandwich each ice-cream circle with 2 cookies; return cookie sandwiches to freezer for an additional 2 hours. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 576 kcal cal., 257 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 16 g sat. fat, 86 mg chol., 27 g Fat, total, 82 g carb., 6 g pro.