Molasses Angel Cookies
- 1 of 5 Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder onto waxed paper. Beat together butter and orange rind in large bowl until creamy. Add sugar and egg. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until well blended.
- 2 of 5 Divide dough in half, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate overnight.
- 3 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 4 of 5 Roll out dough on lightly floured board to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with floured cookie cutters. Arrange 1-1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 375 degree F for 10 to 12 minutes, until firm. Place cookies on wire racks; cool completely.
- 1 of 1 Beat sugar, salt, vanilla and milk to make a smooth, firm frosting. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with writing tip. Pipe decorations on cooled cookies.
Servings Per Recipe: 72