Orange Cookie Batons
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat together butter, sugar and egg yolk in bowl until smooth. At low speed, beat in the flour mixture and orange rind just until combined.
- 3 of 5 Spoon dough into spritz gun fitted with star disk. Pipe 2-1/2-inch-long sticks onto prepared sheets, spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- 4 of 5 Bake in 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or just until lightly golden. With spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- 5 of 5 Melt together chocolate and vegetable shortening in a small saucepan. Place the nuts in a small shallow bowl. Dip about 1 inch of the end of each cookie into chocolate; dip chocolate-coated tip into the nuts. Place on waxed paper to cool completely. Store airtight, refrigerated, for up to 3 weeks. Makes about 7 dozen cookies.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 4 g carb., 8 mg sodium, 42 kcal cal., 0 g pro., 7 mg chol., 3 g Fat, total