- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- 2 of 5 Place the 1-1/4 cups of pecan halves and 1/4 cup of the Splenda in the work bowl of a food processor. Process until pecans are finely ground. Set aside.
- 3 of 5 Place egg whites in a clean large bowl. Add salt and beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/2 cup Splenda, one tablespoon at a time, while beating. Add vanilla extract and continue to beat until stiff glossy peaks form. Gently fold in the ground nut mixture.
- 4 of 5 Dollop mixture onto prepared baking sheet to form 24 cookies (about 1 rounded tablespoon each). Place a pecan half on top of each cookie.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Makes 24 meringues.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 0 mg chol., 1 g fiber, 17 mg sodium, 1 g pro., 53 kcal cal., 5 g Fat, total, 1 g carb., 1 g sat. fat